(888) 310-0589 x2
Although you will show the initial message to all known visitors, you do need to create several segments. Create a segment of visitors who have not completed the specific action of using the new feature so you can include them in the campaign. Additionally, create a segment of visitors who have already adopted the new feature OR have clicked "Get the App" so you can exclude them from seeing any subsequent messages.
Begin by creating several global goals for this campaign to assess the overall impact of the message. Goals could include: downloaded the new app or widget, watched an instructional video, clicked on a learn more link, completed an online registration process, or opted out of the service altogether. Setting up these goals will give you more insight into how this campaign (and others) is performing.
Here is a checklist of what you need to do in Evergage to create this play on your own site:
- Create a segment of users who would benefit from knowing about the new feature. This might include users who:
- Have not logged in before - but are customers
- Have not used the new feature
- Are in specific roles, verticals, or business sizes
- Create a segment of users who have not completed the specific action of using the feature so you can include them in the campaign
- Create a segment of users who clicked "Get the App" or have already adopted the new feature so you can exclude them from this or other subsequent campaigns related to adoption of the new feature
- Create one or more campaign experiences to illustrate the new feature and where it can be downloaded. Consider different approaches to displaying the offer, and where possible expanding the audience by driving the offer to the homepage
- Add rules to show or restrict the campaign or experiences based on segment membership
The following articles from the Evergage Knowledge Base will provide process steps to help you execute this play: