(888) 310-0589 x2
Create a Message
Left click the element that will anchor the callout message and select
Select Add Callout Message and select the Direction: Top, Right, Bottom, or Left
- Message format is not controlled in MESSAGE SETTINGS
At any time, click OK to save changes or CANCEL to close MESSAGE SETTINGS without saving
This article details information about Callout-specific Message Settings on the Type tab only. For more information please see Adjust Message Settings and Add Rules for Campaigns, Experiences, and Messages .
Message Type is pre-selected as Callout
Click the drop-down to change the type
- jQuery selector is pre-filled with the name of the anchor element you selected in step 3 above
- Callout direction is pre-filled with what you selected in step 4 above
- Select options as needed:
- Show only when target callout is in view—when selected, the message will remain hidden until the anchor element you selected in step 3 above is in view of the user. For example, if this option is selected and the target is "below the fold," the message is hidden until the viewer scrolls to it
- Keep message displayed even after the message target is removed—sometimes the anchor element or message target may disappear, like a drop down item. Selecting this keeps the message visible even if that element is gone.
- Insert callout content into page—use this to add a custom target using HTML. For example, you can use it to add a tool tip to your site.
- Do not show until user...—the message will not show until the viewer hovers or clicks the target selected in step 3 above. If you select hovers over you can also select the option to highlight the target with a specific color
- Non-Blocking—visitors will still be able to access the page beneath the message without having to dismiss it
- Multiple Evergage messages anchored to the same element will rotate after the specified number of seconds. Enter the seconds.
Save Your Changes
- When you have finished updating Message Settings, click OK
- Click SAVE or SAVE & CLOSE at the top right of the campaign window to save your campaign changes