(888) 310-0589 x2
In addition to being able to track where a site or app visitor came from (e.g. geography, URL, company, device type, OS, browser etc.) Evergage can track the specific LinkedIn ad campaign that brought them to you. The more we know about a visitor, the more relevant we can be in our messaging - in real time - on your site or app.
This is a powerful way to continue an experience through to your website or app, and also connect the attribution dots from campaigns that are driving people to you.
|Category||Customer Success||Vertical||Technology, SaaS|
|Topic||Personalize the visitor experience based on the LinkedIn campaign that brought them to your site||ID #||159|
You can create relevant messages or dynamically change web page content based on the specific LinkedIn ad the visitor clicked.
You may have a series of white papers you are promoting via LinkedIn Ads. When people arrive on your website, they see a generic landing page listing all of your content assets. With too many options to choose from, most prospects leave without downloading any content. If using Evergage's third-party integration with LinkedIn, however, the user's experience could be as follows:
- Sarah is making updates to her LinkedIn profile when she sees your ad promoting a white paper, "Real-Time Digital Personalization for Customer Success." She's interested, so she clicks the ad
- Upon doing so, she is taken to a landing page with all your content assets listed, but the top section of the page is specific to the white paper ad she clicked on. It contains the title, an overview, and a Download Now button. If Sarah is still interested in the content, she can download it; otherwise, she can browse other white papers
- As she scrolls down the page, she is also presented with a message listing articles and other content related to the Customer Success category so that she can learn more about the topic and remain on your site
Third Party Campaigns & Segment
Third Party Campaigns can be setup to capture the LinkedIn ad campaign name as a campaign within Evergage. This will generate a campaign every time someone lands on the site, reflecting the LinkedIn ad campaign name. You can use these referring campaigns in your Evergage experiences to target visitors based on the campaign that sent them to your site.
Segments can be created to identify the visitors from each of the LinkedIn Campaign Ads and these segments can be used to target visitors within a web campaign.
Here is a checklist of what you need to do in Evergage to create this play on your own site:
- Create a Third Party campaign
Set up the LinkedIn Ads integration (note this is only available for administrators). If you are not sure which parameters to use, please contact your Customer Success representative for assistance
Create a campaign based on the specific ad campaign you want to target
- Add targeting user rules either at a campaign level or a message level for the the referring campaign you are targeting
The following articles from the Evergage Knowledge Base will provide process steps to help you execute this play: