(888) 310-0589 x2
Mobile Data campaigns enable your iOS and Android apps to process/render Evergage campaign data however you like. The Evergage Platform handles triggering campaigns and delivering the data to your app. Your developer(s) write 'campaign handler(s)' as app code to flexibly consume campaign data. Once that code is in place, campaigns can deliver dynamic content to your app.
For example, you can use Mobile Data campaigns for:
- Messaging: One app already has its own banner/infobar system and uses Evergage campaigns to feed it information about sales, promotions, user credit/points, and other data.
- Recommendations: Apps can have content zones (sometimes called 'targets') to display recommended items. A campaign can deliver recommendations to the campaign handler code.
How does it work?
- The mobile app code registers campaign handlers for targets (content zones)
- The mobile app's Evergage integration sends events (like screen/product views) to Evergage
- Campaigns may be triggered in response to these events
- The mobile app's campaign handler code gets called with campaign data, in JSON format, to process/render
- The mobile app calls Evergage APIs to track impressions/dismissals/clicks as appropriate
Android/iOS App Setup
See Mobile Data Campaigns Guide in Evergage SDK documentation:
- iOS: https://developer.evergage.com/mobile-sdk/ios/latest/docs/doc/Mobile-Data-Campaigns.html
- Android: https://developer.evergage.com/mobile-sdk/android/latest/com/evergage/android/guides/mobileDataCampaigns.html
- Material covered:
- Creating campaign handler code for a target (content zone)
- Safety in consuming dynamic JSON payloads
- Tracking impressions, dismissals, clicks
Creating a Mobile Data Campaign in the Evergage Platform
Create a New Mobile Data Campaign
Mobile data campaigns are created at the Campaign level in the Evergage platform.
- Log into the Evergage platform with Campaign Editor or higher permissions
- In the Channels & Campaigns section, hover over Mobile, then select Mobile Data Campaigns
- Click New Campaign
Define Target and Add Data to Experience
- Enter a Target which is a 'content zone' of the app that should match the app code (see Android/iOS App Setup above)
- Define data payload by building up Name/Value/Type rows
- Click Add New to insert a new data item
- Name: String identifier for the data item. Static only, not dynamic.
- Type: What kind of data the Value should be
- Text: Value will be a JSON string
- Number: Value will be a JSON number
- Promoted Content: Value will be defined by the promoted content in Message Rules (see below for how to configure)
- Value: Static or dynamic value for the data item, for the indicated Type (see below for how to use dynamic values)
- Click Copy To All to copy the data item value across all experiences
- Click Delete to remove the data item from all experiences
Configure Promoted Content
This is typically used to obtain item(s) from the catalog for recommendations/promotions.
Set a data item's Type to Promoted Content
Configure Promoted Content in Message Rules
Set the data item's Value to either:
$items- Return all applicable items in a JSON array
$item- Return one applicable item as a JSON object
Using Dynamic Values
- Data items with Type of Text and Number can provide dynamic values, such as user name, attributes, and much more
- Insert dynamic content queries by selecting the Value entry, clicking the Dynamic+ dropdown, and selecting an option
- Value entries for Text and Number types can use Dynamic Message Content (DMC) and Advanced Dynamic Message Content (ADMC). If the value cannot be fulfilled, then the experience (and potentially the campaign) cannot be triggered. You can use the #field syntax to provide a fallback value
Campaign Targeting Rules and Goals
- Click SETUP
- Select Campaign Settings to access this interface
- Here you can: