(888) 310-0589 x2
Before you create a new email campaign, you must confirm that you have the necessary components for the email message including segments, footers, email domain, unsubscribe language, and email send limits. There are several required elements in triggered email campaigns and if you do not add them to your campaign, you will not be able to save it. These include a campaign name, an experience with either HTML or ADMC code or at least one item block, a footer, and a selected segment of visitors who will receive the campaign.
For further information and instructions, please see Configure Settings for Triggered Email Campaigns .
Create and Configure a New Triggered Email Campaign
Triggered email campaigns require that you configure several components before you save the campaign. Before you click SAVE, you must create and name the campaign, design an experience with either HTML or ADMC code or at least one item block, add a footer, and select the segment of visitors who will receive the campaign.
Configure an Experience
You can use one or more preconfigured item blocks to easily define the layout of your message and include promotions based on a recipe or advanced dynamic message content (ADMC is for advanced developers only). As an alternative to using item blocks, if you are an advanced developer, you can use advanced dynamic message content and HTML to create the contents of your triggered email message.
- Enter a name for the campaign
- Enter the Subject as any combination of text and dynamic fields. This will display to the email recipient as the email subject
Enter the from email address in two parts: From - account name (i.e. jdoe) and @ - domain (i.e. companyname.com)You must configure and verify the domain first in Email > Domain Setup
- Add the code for your message in the code block at the right or click Add New Block. In the second image at the right, ADMC and HTML are used to create a simple survey response thank you
- Enter a new Name for the block, if desired
- Select the Item Type
- Enter the Number of Items
- Select the Item Layout (note that options will be based on the Number of Items
- Select the Promotion Type
- Select Disable Trending Fallback if you do not want to include trending options in the event that the recipe or ADMC does not return any results
- Select Open time promoted items if you want the promoted items included in the email to update each time the message is opened and as visitor affinities and preferences change
- Select a Footer. Remember, you can add new footers in SETTINGS (as described above in Configure Footers)
- Code is generated at the right as you make selections. Make any adjustments to the code as needed
Configure Email Triggering
Select a Recipient Segment
- Select SETUP > EMAIL TRIGGERING
- Select the Trigger Type
- Click the Segments field to select an existing segment
- Click SAVE to save your campaign
Add a Target Users Rule
- In SETUP > EMAIL TRIGGERING, click New Rule in the Target Users section
- Select Segment, Company Name, or Industry
- Complete the additional options for the target group
Add Unsubscribe Lists
The default unsubscribe list is the GlobalDoNotSend list, but you can create other unsubscribe lists in SEGMENTS. For more information on manual segments, please see Use Manual Segments to Bring Outside Data into Evergage .
- In SETUP > EMAIL TRIGGERING, click New Unsubscribe List Exclusion in the Unsubscribe Lists section
- In Exclude, select the unsubscribe list segment. Remember only manual segments marked as email unsubscribed lists will be available for selection
- Add additional lists as needed
The default behavior for triggered emails is to send the message immediately, but you can set a delay and configure your own specific schedule.
- In SETUP, select EMAIL SCHEDULING
- Select DELAYED
- Click New Delay Parameter
- In Send, select the delay type, then set the additional parameters:
- With a time delay - set the number of minutes, hours, days, or weeks after the triggering event
- On/before dates - set the start and/or end dates on or after the triggering event
- During specific days and hours - set the time zone (based on your browser or the recipient's browser), then drag and drop to select one or more blocks of time, which do not need to be adjacent
Preview Triggered Email Campaigns
Before you publish your campaign, you should preview it with a variety of sample recipients and email clients so you are sure that everything is as you intended. Previewing must be done while the campaign is in Disabled state.
Click SAVE & PREVIEW to preview your campaignThis must be done while the campaign is Disabled
- Select the experience you want to preview:
- Expected Experience for User - selecting this option makes it possible to test which experience the selected user will receive based on any rules or A/B testing parameters you have configured
- Experience n - where n is an experience number - selecting this option will show you a preview of only this experience.
- Select a Test User to view the campaign as the sample recipient would see it
- Enter an email address and click SENT TEST EMAIL to send the triggered email message to that address as it would appear to the selected sample recipient