If your company uses Eloqua's marketing automation platform (MAP), you’ve likely invested considerable time and effort in managing lead data and audience segments. The next step is to integrate Eloqua and Evergage so you can leverage data collected in each system and build richer customer and prospect profiles to gain a deeper understanding of each lead. Using data from Eloqua helps you to deliver more meaningful visitor experiences using Evergage and passing behavioral and analytics data from Evergage helps you better target your Eloqua campaigns.
This article details how to configure the Evergage out-of-the-box integration with Eloqua so you can synchronize data between both platforms:
The first step is to set up an OAuth connection to your Eloqua account.
- Log into Evergage as an Administrator
- Select Third Party > Integrations
- Select Eloqua
Select Setup and copy the OAuth Callback URL
Log into Eloqua and create a new app in the AppCloud Devoloper Area
Paste the OAuth Callback URL you copied from EvergageYou will need to know the new OAuth Client ID and Client Secret for the following steps
- Return to Evergage Third Party > Eloqua
- In Configure Connection, enter the the following information (located in Eloqua Cloud Services) in the fields provided:
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- Click AUTHORIZE
Configure Match Fields
On the Eloqua Integration Synchronization tab, Contact Match Fields connects fields in Evergage with fields in Eloqua for user identification. By default, the email address fields in Evergage and Eloqua are linked. If you need to link additional fields, please contact Evergage Support or your Customer Success representative.
Configure Segment Synchronization
On the Eloqua Integration Segments tab, you can synchronize Evergage segments to Eloqua and vice versa. You must create any Evergage segments or Eloqua lists before you can push to or pull from Eloqua.
- Click Push a New Segment or Pull a New Segment
- Select the Source Evergage Segment or Source Eloqua Segment
- When pushing a new segment the Target Eloqua Segment will be autofilled; when pulling a new segment enter the Target Evergage Segment
- Click OK
Configure Field Synchronization
On the Eloqua Integration Fields tab, you can select which attribute fields should be pulled from or pushed to Eloqua. Fields being pushed to Eloqua must be created in Eloqua before they can be configured on the Fields tab. The destination field name and label are also configurable.
- Click Push a New Attribute or Pull a New Attribute
- Select the Source Evergage Field
- Select the Eloqua Custom Field
- Click OK
Configure Campaign Detection
On the Eloqua Integration Campaigns tab, you can configure third party campaign landing URLs to track different information about a campaign. When a matching URL is clicked for the first time, a campaign is created and will appear in Evergage CAMPAIGNS. Any subsequent clicks will register impressions for the campaign.
- Click Add Parameter Mapping
- Set the Parameter Type
- Landing Page URL Query Parameter
- Referral URL Query Parameter
- Enter the Parameter Name
- Set the Target Type (optional)
- Campaign ID
- Campaign Name
- Campaign Source
- Campaign Medium
- Campaign Attribute
- Campaign Experience ID
- User Attribute
- Enter the Target Field Name (optional)
- Click OK
What should I do if I have trouble with the synchronization?
If the synchronization does not work as expected, please click Contact Support above and complete the form.
In the Push Fields section, what do each of the Source Evergage Fields do?
- ID - The unique Evergage ID - It is an anonymous ID for non logged in users
- Evergage Link - The link to the user profile screen
- First Active - The day and time the visitor was first tracked by Evergage on your site
- Last Active - The day and time the visitor was last tracked by Evergage on your site
- Engagement - A scoring metric configured in Evergage to show the engagement of a visitor with your site
- Engagement Trend - An indicator of whether engagement for the visitor has increased or decreased since the last synchronization
- Segment Names - A list of the segments that the visitor belongs to
- Total Visit Count - A count of the total number of visits a visitor has made to the site since Evergage began tracking
- Total Action Count - A count of the total number of actions a visitor has completed on the site since Evergage began tracking
- Lifetime Value (retail only) - The total revenue the visitor has generated since Evergage started tracking on your site
When you choose one of the push fields, it creates an Eloqua field name and label. Will the system create those automatically, or do we need to create those fields in Eloqua? And can they be fields or Custom Data Objects?
Eloqua will auto-create the Eloqua fields. Evergage doesn't support custom data objects. The custom fields Evergage creates are on Contacts.
Are there any specific naming conventions required for the field names & labels?
Evergage will auto-generate an Eloqua field name for push fields and all fields names will be prefixed with "evg_". You also have the option to change the prefix or the field name that will be passed.
This page has no comments.