Evergage can detect if a visitor is inactive in the page (no clicks, scrolls) for a configurable amount of time and show a relevant message to keep the visitor engaged and progressing. For instance, you can target an inactive user and remind them of free shipping or suggest related articles.
Bounce Prevention Rule
If a visitor intends to leave a webpage, they often will move their mouse out of the page to various navigation elements in the browser itself (back button, other links, url bar, search bar). When a visitor's mouse is outside of the page, it appears to the browser that the mouse is motionless at the point of exit from the page.
Evergage can detect this inactivity and show a targeted message to the visitor to engage them prior to leaving your site. You can customize the delay that signifies the visitor's inactivity as well as set which part of the page you want to act as the trigger.
- Create or edit a campaign
- Create or edit a popup message
- Select Rules
- In the On Page Behavior group, click New Rule
- Select Bounce and adjust options from the default as needed
- Delay - how long has the visitor's mouse been off the page
- Inactive space - how far off page is considered inactive
- Location - is the inactive space at the top or the bottom
Setting a delay
We recommend setting the bounce message to show after a delay of a few seconds. This prevents bounce message from showing to visitors who may have accidentally navigated to the page or to visitors who are navigating to a different part of the site.
This page has no comments.