Item Templates are used to define a layout for promoted content in your Evergage campaigns. When you use item templates, you won't need to copy template HTML across your campaigns. Item Templates can be used in Email Campaigns as well as Web Campaigns, simplifying the way you promote Recipes on your website.
This article details how to create an item template, how to publish it for use in email campaigns, and provides some additional information related to Item Templates.
Create an Item Template
- Log into the Evergage Platform as an administrator
- Select CATALOG > Recommendations > Item Templates
- Select New Item Template
- Select the Content Type to render inside the Item Template. You can define Item Templates for Products, Blogs, and content Articles
Define the HTML template by adding the HTML code to be applied to each item in your catalog. The sample Item Template below renders a product image above the product name with a suggestion to "Shop Now" at the bottom. This template uses the dimensions 260 x 375.
When designing the HTML Template for your Item Template, confirm that images of different dimensions and names of varying lengths render as intended
- Click Insert Dynamic + to add dynamic message content fields to the HTML code
- See next section for instructions on previewing the template prior to publishing
Preview Template Prior to Publishing
Publish for Email
Item Templates are rendered as images for Email campaigns. As each product in your catalog changes values, such as the image or price, Evergage will detect the change and regenerate these images. The images are used to make sure all Items display in the proper format, regardless of the Email client or viewing device.
- Create the Item Template
- Select Publish for Email
- The template status will show In Progress as Evergage generates images for all products in your catalog
When the image generation is complete, your item template will be published and ready to use in email campaigns to promote products in your catalog using a marketing email service
NOTEOnce you publish an Item Template for email, it is locked from future changes, however you can clone the template and make changes to the clone prior to publishing
Available Fonts for Email
Item Templates work with a finite set of fonts. Here is a list of fonts that are currently available for Item Templates:
This page has no comments.