This article details the beacon versions available, how to change the selected version, and some important notes to be aware of.
- Log into your Evergage account as an administrator
- Select SETTINGS
- In the Integration section, select Beacon Version
- Select the desired version:
Disabled completely disables the beacon integration for the selected dataset so all messaging and event traffic will stop
- Stable is the default version of the beacon and is updated conservatively and with prior notice
- Latest provides early access to new features and is updated frequently and usually without notice
- Specific Version gives you the option to select the specific numeric version of the beacon if you require maximum predictability
- Click SAVE to save changes
- Each beacon version may be updated for security and bug fixes
- Old versions may be deprecated in the future, and eventually removed with prior notice
- As soon as you save your new selection, changes are immediate and will propagate in minutes as viewers' browser caches expire. For this reason, it is recommended that Beacon version changes should be tested in a separate environment with its own Evergage dataset.
This page has no comments.