The first step is to set up an OAuth connection to your Marketo account.
Log into Marketo and complete the process to set up an API connection
NOTEYou will need to know the new OAuth Client ID, Client Secret, OAuth Identity Endpoint (URL), and REST API Endpoint (URL) for the following steps
- Create a new custom field in Marketo with an API name of "evg_Id" and type string (this is required for Evergage to correctly match users)
- Log into Evergage as an administrator
- Select SETTINGS > Third Party Products > Marketo
- In Configure Connection, enter the the following information (located in Marketo in LaunchPoint and Web Services) in the fields provided:
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- OAuth Identity Endpoint (URL)
- REST API Endpoint (URL)
- Click AUTHORIZE
Configure Match Fields
On the Marketo Integration Synchronization tab, Contact Match Fields connects fields in Evergage with fields in Marketo for user identification. By default, the email address fields in Evergage and Marketo are linked. If you need to link additional fields, please contact Evergage Support or your Customer Success representative.
Configure Segment Synchronization
On the Marketo Integration Segments tab, you can synchronize Evergage segments to and from Marketo static lists, however Evergage does not support synchronization to or from Marketo smart lists. You must create any Evergage segments or Marketo lists before you can push to or pull from Marketo.
- Click Push a New Segment or Pull a New Segment
- Select the Source Evergage Segment
- Select the Target Marketo Segment (called Lists in Marketo)
- Click OK
Configure Field Synchronization
On the Marketo Integration Fields tab, you can select which attribute fields should be pulled from or pushed to Marketo. Fields being pushed to Marketo must be created in Marketo before they can be configured on the Fields tab. The destination field name and label are also configurable.
- Click Push a New Attribute or Pull a New Attribute
- Select the Source Evergage Field
- Select the Marketo Custom Field
- Click OK
Configure Campaign Detection
On the Marketo Integration Campaigns tab, you can configure third party campaign landing URLs to track different information about a campaign. When a matching URL is clicked for the first time, a campaign is created and will appear in Evergage CAMPAIGNS. Any subsequent clicks will register impressions for the campaign.
- Click Add Parameter Mapping
- Set the Parameter Type
- Landing Page URL Query Parameter
- Referral URL Query Parameter
- Enter the Parameter Name
- Set the Target Type (optional)
- Campaign ID
- Campaign Name
- Campaign Source
- Campaign Medium
- Campaign Attribute
- Campaign Experience ID
- User Attribute
- Enter the Target Field Name (optional)
- Click OK
Enable or Disable Synchronization
The integration will synchronize nightly, but you can disable automatic synchronization or perform a manual synchronization at any time.
If you would like to reduce the number of daily API calls, please refer to Restrict Lead Matching to a Marketo List which details the option to limit synchronization to a specific Marketo list.
- Select Setup
- Select Disabled to disable Nightly Sync
- Click SYNCHRONIZE NOW to immediately begin the synchronization. This will not disrupt nightly synchronization, if enabled
If the synchronization does not work as expected, please contact your Evergage Customer Success representative.
This page has no comments.