Use Message Settings to adjust the appearance and position of your message as well as to set message-level rules, choose a pre-set template, hide the message after a certain amount of time, or configure promoted content in the message. This article will detail options on the Template, Options, and Promoted Content tabs. For information about message-level rules, please see Add Rules for Campaigns, Experiences, and Messages. For more details on Evergage messages, please see Message Types which includes links to detailed articles about each message type.
Access Message Settings
- Log into the Evergage Platform or the Visual Editor
- Click CAMPAIGNS and open the campaign that contains your message
- Click next to the message
- Select Message Settings
- Select Template
- Click CHANGE TEMPLATE
Click the desired templateEvergage comes stocked with many templates. While you cannot add your own, you can clone a campaign that you can change.
- Click SELECT
- If you need to change or remove a template, click CHANGE TEMPLATE
- Click NO TEMPLATE to remove the current template and follow steps 2-4 to choose a new one
Use this tab to hide a message after a specified number of seconds without the viewer having to close it.
- Select Hide message…
- Enter the number of seconds
Promoted Content Settings (available only with Evergage Promote)
When using promoted content, you first need to select the type of promoted content and configure the settings in Message Settings as detailed in Part 1 below. Then, you need to add dynamic content to your message to show the details about the product or content as detailed in Part 2 below.
There are three types of promoted content:
- Static—promote a specific item or piece of content that doesn't change. For example, promoting a shovel that is on sale
- Dynamic—promote item(s) or content based on user behavior. For example, promoting several sale items based on the last item viewed
Recommendations—similar to dynamic promoted content, you create a "recipe" for what the user will see
Part 1: Select the Type and Configure
- In Message Settings, on the Promoted Content tab, select the Type
Add rules based on the onscreen options
Depending on the type of promoted content and the behavior you select, you may see other options. For example, if a time parameter is applicable, you will see that option.
- Select other options for Static or Dynamic Promoted Content
- Promote item even if being viewed—select this to help emphasize products or content
- Skip previously viewed items—skip promoting any items or content the user has already viewed so they only see things they haven't looked at before
- Skip previously purchased products—select this to help target products or content the user hasn't seen
Part 2: Add Dynamic Content to Your Message
Once you have selected the type of promoted content and selected options, you need to add dynamic content to your message to pull item or content attributes (name, description, price) into the message. For example, you want to show visitors the items they recently viewed. You can dynamically populate the product image and name based on what was last viewed by the visitor.
- Double click the text box in the message. The box around it will turn solid green
- Place your cursor where you want to add the attribute
- Select Promoted Item then select the attribute you want to include in the message (i.e. selecting Name will generate the name of the item or content in the message)
- Continue adding attributes as needed
Save Your Changes
- When you have finished updating Message Settings, click OK
- Click SAVE or SAVE & CLOSE at the top right of the campaign window to save your campaign changes
This page has no comments.