Asynchronous integration loads the beacon (evergage.min.js) after the page has loaded. With this integration, Evergage cannot protect against flicker
Evergage recommends using the synchronous integration method when personalizing important parts of the page for several reasons:
- It allows for the use of the Evergage ZeroFlicker™ technology to avoid the negative effect of seeing the original content before it is replaced (flicker). With an asynchronous integration, viewers may experience the original page content before Evergage is able to replace that content
- Evergage will load sooner, resulting in personalization campaigns running faster on the page
- Evergage utilizes timeouts and a global Content Delivery Network (CDN) to speed this solution and minimize the potential of negative impacts. Since the Evergage beacon is served directly from our CDN and not from our servers, even if our servers go down the Evergage beacon will still load
However, if you plan to use a tag management system (like Google Tag Manager or Tealium), you will need to use the asynchronous integration which loads the Evergage tracking beacon after the page content is loaded and rendered. While this guarantees negligible performance impact, it removes the option to utilize ZeroFlicker technology to alter page content without flicker effects. This may be acceptable in cases where personalizations are below the fold or not visible as the page loads.
Our synchronous style integration is only supported for customers running version 4 or later of our beacon. To adjust your beacon version:
- Log into your Evergage account as an administrator
- Select SETTINGS
- In the Integration section at the left, select Beacon Version
This page has no comments.