(888) 310-0589 x2
Once a recipe is complete and trained, you should test it with a test group before publishing to ensure recommendations display the way you intended for a sample group of visitors. Using a test group makes it easy to test recipes with the visitors you care about to confirm that the recipe returns product or content recommendations that will resonate with them. A test group consists of specific and/or random site visitors (referred to as "users" in Evergage). You can find participants for a test group by referring to different "audiences" created by a selection of filters or from the segments you've created in Evergage. Audiences in Evergage are groups of users (i.e. individual site visitors) or accounts (i.e. companies) aggregated based on certain parameters like behaviors exhibited on your site.
You can create up to 15 test groups with up to 20 sample users based on filter parameters or an existing segment of users. You can use one or more test groups to simulate the recommendations the selected recipe will generate on your site for the sample users. Evergage includes one sample test group of users. If your site has revenue tracking enabled, the test group will include users with the following parameters:
- New, Non-Buyer
- New, Buyer
- 1yr, Buyer, High LTV
- 1yr, Buyer, Low LTV
- 1yr, Non-Buyer
- 2yr, Lapsed, High LTV
If your site does not have revenue tracking enabled, the test group will include users with the following parameters:
- New User
- 6-month User
You must have Evergage Recommend integrated with the dataset in which you are configuring the recommendations. Please contact your Customer Success representative to complete your Recommend integration.
Edit or Test with an Existing Test Group
You can test your recipe with an existing test group or create a new one. This gives you infinite options for testing your recipe with users with varying levels of behavior on your site to ensure that everyone has a good experience.
Create a New Test Group
You can have a total of 20 test groups, including the Sample Test Group provided by Evergage (which may be edited or deleted).
Add Users to Test Group
You may add up to 20 users to each test group. Remember to click SAVE after making changes.
Clickto add a visitor to the group
- Specific User - These are users who match the selected filtering criteria at that time. All filters that apply to this user will be listed below the user name. Specific Users will not update as their behaviors change. This means if you filtered by non-buyers and one of the specific users you selected later made a purchase, that user would still appear in the test group even though s/he no longer fits the filter criteria
- Random User - The Random User is always linked to a randomly chosen user that matches the filter criteria selected when the user was added to the test group. Each time the screen is refreshed, Evergage will automatically replace that user with a new user who matches the selected filter criteria. This means that a Random User always reflects the filter criteria you chose when the user was added to the test group and not a specific individual, so you may notice changes in the details, user ID, and affinities
- Click to remove a visitor from the group
- Click next to Random User to replace that user with another Random User that matches the filter criteria
- Click SAVE to save any changes
In the Test Configuration section, the initial selected recipe is the one you had open when you clicked SIMULATE, but you can test additional recipes without having to leave this screen. You can also select an anchor item.
The user details and recipe results (recommendations) will appear in the Simulation section below Test Configuration. These update automatically when you make any change, click RESIMULATE, reload the page, or when you load a test group with at least one user.