(888) 310-0589 x2
On a visitor's first page view or app event, Evergage provides firmographic information about your visitors based on their IP address. The initially retrieved firmographic information automatically updates as Evergage learns a visitor’s email address, account domain, or account ID, guaranteeing you always have the most up-to-date firmographic data.
The user’s account assignment may change if one of the origins is updated and is of the same or higher confidence level than the existing account origin. This ensures the account assignment can only improve. For example, suppose Johnny Appleseed provides his email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Evergage assigns him to Caterpillar, Inc. Since the account assignment is based on email address, Johnny's IP address will not be used as an origin, even if it changes on a future visit, because IP address has a lower confidence level than email address.
Account Assignment Process
If you have B2B Detect enabled in Evergage the following will occur automatically whenever there is an update to the account origin.
- Evergage will look up an organization based on the account origin:
- IP address - Evergage will look up the corresponding location and organization
- Email address or account domain - Evergage will use the domain to look up the organization
- Account ID - Evergage will look up the organization with that same ID as the account
- If an organization is found, a corresponding account is created or looked up
- The firmographic data about the organization is added or updated on the account record. The firmographic data is read-only and will be visible alongside any other account attributes that may be set up in Evergage
- The user is added to the account
Firmographic Data gives you a more in-depth profile of each account so you can segment on any of the following properties:
NAICS code/Industry name
*The category consists of a list of keywords extracted from the company description. In fast-moving sectors, such as Technology, the category may be more useful than a standard NAICS code.
Updates to the Firmographic organizational data come from Evergage’s service providers on a monthly basis.
Enable B2B Detect
B2B Detect is easy to enable and is included in the Evergage core platform. If you are interested in enabling this feature, please speak with your Customer Success Manager.