Manual segments are a type of segment with a fixed, manually-specified list of members, as opposed to rule-based segments, whose members are determined in real-time based on a defined set of rules. You can use manual segments to group known users or accounts based on data that is not natively collected by Evergage or available through Evergage third-party integrations (e.g. Salesforce fields).
Why Use Them?
Typically, manual segments are used when you want to target a group of users by a variable we don't track in Evergage. For example, if you just had a live event and want to personalize your website for event attendees, you would need to create a manual segment connecting Evergage to your tracking system by a common data point–like attendee email address. Other scenarios that would require the addition of a manual segment for targeting include:
Recent trade show or webinar attendees
Users who are part of a particular mailing list
Ideal users – flagging this group to use as an input to engagement score
Other uses include:
Pass offline sales data, often for a particular sale or event
Freeze users as of a particular day or date range, this was their value
Create a Manual Segment
Adding Members to a Manual Segment
After you save the segment, you will be on the Users tab. Since this is a manual segment, the Users tab will not have members until you add them one at a time or with a CSV in Evergage Core or using the REST API.
Removing Members from a Manual Segment
Members may be removed from a manual segment using either the Evergage platform (best for removing small numbers of members) or the REST API (best for removing larger numbers of members).
Making a Manual Segment a Custom Filter
Manual segments can be designated as custom filters, but not goals.
Create an Unsubscribe List
You can use manual segments to create an unsubscribe list for use in Evergage for Email Triggered Email Campaigns.
- Log into the Evergage platform with Campaign Author or higher permissions
- Select SEGMENTS
- Confirm that Users is selected as the segment type
- From the NEW SEGMENT drop down, select Unsubscribe List
- Enter the following information:
- Segment Name - the name of the segment that appears on the segment list page. This name will not appear to email recipients
- Description - a description of the members of the segment. This information will not appear to email recipients
- Public Email Category Name - the name of the segment that appears on the unsubscribe page
- Click SAVE
This page has no comments.