(888) 310-0589 x2
Oracle Responsys, a part of the Oracle Marketing Cloud, is a comprehensive email marketing solution used for email campaign management. When integrated with Evergage, you can synchronize your Evergage user segments as profile attributes into Responsys Profile Extension Tables (PETs) for your Oracle Responsys Profile Lists. The Evergage Responsys integration offers automation for segment synchronization or one-time, ad-hoc list downloads for delivery using the Responsys Connect integration.
This article details the process for integrating Responsys and Evergage.
Contact your Evergage Customer Success Manager to enable the integration for Oracle Responsys from the Evergage Gears Marketplace. You will need to have Administrator permissions in Evergage.
You will need the following Oracle Responsys account permissions:
- Ability to create users and grant authorization roles
- Configuration access to Oracle Responsys: Connect for scheduling Responsys Profile List synchronization jobs
You'll need to configure your Responsys Gear with API authentication information from Responsys, so that the Evergage Gear can retrieve a list of your Profile Extension Tables for you to choose from within the Evergage platform.
An Evergage dataset can be synchronized with a single Responsys profile list.Please contact your Evergage Customer Success Manager for further information.
Complete These Steps in Responsys
Oracle recommends creating a dedicated user for API operations.
Locate your authentication credentials in Oracle Responsys (for more information see the Log in with username and password section in the Oracle Responsys API documentation)
Under Access Controls, refer to the section on Functional Access Controls
Select Account > Manage Users > Role Assignment
Create a user with the following roles:
Table Web Services Manager
List Web Services Manager
Generate secure password credentials for this user
In Evergage, select Gears > Gear List > Responsys
- Click Configure
- On the Gear configuration page, enter the following information under Auth Configuration:
- Username - The user you've granted the Table and List permissions to - step 1 of Complete These Steps in Responsys
- Password - The password for the configured user - step 1 of Complete These Steps in Responsys
Click SAVE AND AUTHENTICATE
You should see a confirmation dialog that the integration authentication was successful. If not, contact your Oracle Responsys systems administrator for additional help in troubleshooting user and role permissions in Oracle Responsys
- After authenticating, in the Profile Settings section:
- Select the Profile List dropdown, and find your profile list to utilize for this configuration
- To customize your Profile Extension Table name, enter a value in the Profile Extension Table (PET) field
- Click Save to save your Gear configuration settings.
To mark segment membership, Evergage uses a single Profile Extension Table (PET) per Profile List. The amount of segments that can be synchronized to Responsys depends on your account configuration and table limits; please contact your Oracle Responsys system administrator for additional information.
Please consult the Oracle Responsys documentation for Profile Extension Tables for additional details.
At configuration time, the Evergage Responsys Gear Integration creates a Profile Extension Table for you. The Evergage Gear manages adding and removing attribute values in this list so it is important to not modify this table or its data directly from the Oracle Responsys application.
From the Oracle Responsys Administration portal, select Data > Manage Lists
From the Change List dropdown, select the Profile List specified above in section 5.a. of Complete These Steps in Evergage
- At the bottom, select the Profile Extensions tab
- Select the Profile Extension Table (created in step 6 above) from the list of definitions
Once you've configured the Responsys Gear, you'll see the option to export a segment list to Responsys throughout the Evergage platform. You can create a segment export (CSV format) that can be consumed by Responsys to update to the Evergage segment information in your selected profile list's Evergage-created Profile Extension Table. The update may be automated to occur nightly or may be manually triggered as needed.
Complete These Steps in Evergage
In the Audiences section of the left navigation bar select User Segments > User Segments
- From the Segments table, select the User Segment you wish to synchronize to Responsys
- In the lower panel, select Edit
- Under the Setup tab, select Syncs > Sync to Other Systems, and select Oracle Responsys from the dropdown
- From the Segment Sync Setup modal, select Enable
- Select Run Now
- This will drop a one time segment into your Evergage SFTP
This will drop the updated synchronization files onto your configured Evergage SFTP. Please see the Pre-Requisites section above for details, or contact your Evergage Customer Success Manager for additional information. The files will be conventionally named like the following:
Complete These Steps in Responsys
- From the Administration Portal, select Data > Manage Lists
- From the Change List dropdown, select the Profile List specified above in section 5.a. of Complete These Steps in Evergage
- From the bottom panel navigation tabs, select Profile Extensions
- Select the Profile Extension Table (specified in section 5.b. above) from the list of definitions
- From the dropdown under the Name column, select View and Edit
- Select Upload
Inbound Source Section
In the Inbound Source section, click Choose File to select your exported segment list specified above in the section Complete These Steps in Evergage, step 3.d.
- Select Unicode (UTF - 8) from the File character set drop down
- Click Next
File Handling Section
In the File Handling section, a file mapping will be specified for you. Nothing needs to be changed in this section because Evergage manages the mapping definition for the attributes.
Select " from the Character used to quote value fields drop down
- Click Next
Table Fields Section
In the Table Fields section, confirm that the Incoming Fields are correctly mapped to Profile Extension Fields and display sample values. If the mapping is incorrect, please contact Evergage Support for assistance
Record Handling Section
In the Record Handling, select the following options:
Upload Data - select For List Recipient
Data Import Date Format - use the default value
Match new records to existing records using - select Using one profile list field
In the first drop down, select either CUSTOMER_ID_ or RIID_
Note icon false
This will be specific to your chosen integration method and identity configuration within the Evergage Platform. Please contact your Evergage Customer Success Manager for more details on configuring and setting up user identities for your account.
In the second drop down, select userId
If there is a match - select Overwrite all mapped fields in existing record
If there is not a match - select Import New Record
Deselect Remove all existing records from target table and then insert new records
Manage Lists Screen
The segment data will be uploaded to the Profile Extension Table for your Profile List
You can preview this data in the preview table, but you may need to click Refresh to update the data in the table
Once your Responsys Gear is configured, the option to export a segment list to Responsys will now appear throughout the Evergage platform. You can configure segments to be exported on a recurring basis, which will store the information to your Evergage SFTP account, available for use by Responsys Connect. Please see the Oracle Responsys: Connect documentation for additional information.
- In the Evergage platform, in the Audiences section of the left navigation bar, select User Segments
- From the Segments list screen, double click the user segment you wish to synchronize to Responsys (or click EDIT in the details panel below the list of segments)
- On the Setup tab, select Sync to Other Systems
- Select Oracle Responsys from the dropdown
- On the Segment Sync Setup modal:
- Select Enable to schedule the segment to export automatically on a pre-configured schedule
- Click Run Now export the segment one-time, immediately
This will drop the updated synchronization files onto your configured Evergage SFTP. Please see the section Pre-Requisites above for details, or contact your Evergage Customer Success Manager for additional information. The files will be conventionally named like the following:
Log in with username and password – https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/marketingcs_gs/OMCED/RegisterClientApp.html
Refreshing Tokens - https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/marketingcs_gs/OMCED/RefreshToken.html
Oracle Responsys: Connect – https://community.oracle.com/docs/DOC-1024910
Designing Classic Filters - https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/marketingcs_gs/OMCEA/List_FilterDesigner.htm