(888) 310-0589 x2
Evergage SmartTrends™ uses the power of social validation to increase conversions. Leverage the “wisdom of the crowd” to influence visitors on your site in real time and build confidence in products viewed by using view and purchase counters. These view and purchase counters drive both validation and urgency ultimately influencing conversions on your site. Additionally, you can apply badges to product and content images to help draw attention to an item. Badges can be used to promote hot deals, newly added items, closeout products or must-read articles.
No segment is required for this play.
Measurement is done in Campaign Statistics. Success is measured by conversion impact and AOV. You should do an A/B test to more effectively understand the impact on conversions.
Here is a checklist of what you need to do in Evergage to create this play on your own site:
- Determine placement and behavior.
- Will you use a basic badge or a SmartTrends badge? Both will work well on category pages where you can highlight trends or features to drive interest and engagement
- A badge can be text or an image
- Consider how placement will appear on desktop vs. mobile
- If you use a basic badge:
- You must have a text or image element in the Evergage Catalog that you want to apply as a product badge
- If you use a SmartTrends badge:
- You can only use SmartTrends badges to show views and purchases across all users
- The maximum lookback period is 48 hours
- Some SmartTrends configurations include:
- Display a “Bestselling” badge on products purchased more than 5 times in the past 48 hours
- Display a “Now Trending” badge on products viewed more than 20 times in the past 24 hours
- Display a counter of number of people viewing an item only on products purchased 3 or more times in the past 24 hours
- Display a counter so visitors can see how many others are currently viewing or have purchased a particular item to create urgency to purchase
- Test and launch as you would any other campaign
The following articles from the Evergage Knowledge Base will provide process steps to help you execute this play: