An Interaction Studio segment is a real-time grouping of users/customers or accounts based on a set of criteria you define. Interaction Studio segments can include those you've already defined in your CRM, DMP, or Marketing Automation Platform. From the moment someone arrives on your website or accesses your app, Interaction Studio identifies the segment(s) he or she belongs to based on real-time session activity. Segment updates happen in real time, so any membership changes occur immediately, even during the same visit. When you combine these details with unlimited historical behavior, situational data like location, weather conditions and source, and profile details you can define even more granular customer segments. You can also segment your audiences based on email or ad campaigns and use the results to adjust visitor experiences accordingly.
Segment Detail Tabs
There are five tabs that provide information within a segment:
- Users (or Accounts)–lists the users who are currently part of the segment. Account segments are visible if your dataset is configured to support both users and accounts
- Membership–includes segment trends and the option to add other segments to compare the number of users for a specific time period
- Segment Compare–compare KPIs like conversion rate, visit duration, and engagement score in a particular segment to other segments or that of all visitors to your site as a whole
- Category Affinities–(retail/e-commerce only) sunburst chart that gives visual representation, numerical data, and percentages of visitor affinities by category
- Setup–create or edit rules for the segment as well as set up automated segment alerts that gives you a daily update of added and removed users