New Name: Marketing Cloud Personalization
Interaction Studio (formerly Evergage) is now known as Marketing Cloud Personalization. The new name reflects our mission and vision for innovation in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. We wish we could snap our fingers to update the name everywhere, but you can expect to see the previous name in various places until we replace it.
Interaction Studio supports localization of catalog items, which allows unique data for specific fields to be stored based on the language and country codes. The locale specific data can then be leveraged on site (provided you are tracking users' locale information on your website using the sitemap) to display catalog object information with the locale-specific data for the catalog item. The Catalog Object Locale ETL allows for the ingestion of locale-specific catalog object information for Articles, Blogs, Categories, and any user created catalog object. Promotions do not support localized attributes. The Catalog Object Locale ETL should be used in conjunction with a Catalog Object ETL or another method of populating catalog object items in the catalog.
- Catalog object localization setting on the Catalog and Profile Objects settings screen must be turned on for the Catalog Object Locale ETL to function.
- Only certain catalog object attributes support localized values (Name, Description, URL).
- Localization is not supported for custom attributes or related catalog objects.
- If an item is included in the Catalog Object Locale ETL, but does not exist in the Interaction Studio catalog before ingesting the file, an item with the source ID will be created. However, that item will only have the data in locales which are included in the file. (Ex. If a dataset is in the default configuration (en_US) and a new item with only a locale of fr_FR is included, the item will only load data to the fr_FR locale – there will not be any data in the en_US locale.)
- Multiple catalog object types can be included in a single file.
- Datasets have a default language in Interaction studio - this is configured in the Catalog Object Setup screen. This information is considered the default locale of the catalog and should be updated by the standard Catalog Object ETL.
Requirements and Schema
- Each row requires a catalog object item ID and a locale in the format of "2-letter lowercased language code", "underscore", "2-letter uppercased country code". Examples include en_US, fr_FR, de_DE, en_AU, etc.
- Each catalog object item should have a single locale per row of the file, and every locale instance of a catalog object item should appear consecutively in the file.
- The Catalog Object Locale ETL file needs to be sorted by catalog object type so that all catalog objects of the same type appear in consecutive rows. The sorting can either be done by the client prior to loading the file into the system or by selecting the sort option on the gear configuration screen.
- Supported locales are visible in the platform via the locale drop-down on the Catalog and Profile Objects Settings screen (Settings > Catalog and Profile Objects).
File Name Format: locale-catalog-object-YYYY-MM-DD_HH-MM-SS.csv
Requirements and Schema
Interaction Studio Data Type
|id||Required. Catalog Object IDs must exactly match the catalog object IDs provided on site and captured by Interaction Studio site mapping, as well as IDs provided in your Catalog Object ETL.||brand123||255||String|
|catalogObjectType||Required. Catalog Object Type must match one of the catalog object types configured on the Catalog and Profile Objects setup screen. (Should match the name value of the object type, not the label value).||Brand|
|locale||Required. A 5-character representation of the locale associated with the catalog object item information in the row. The structure of which must be "2-letter lowercased language code", "underscore", "2-letter uppercased country code".||en_US, fr_FR, de_DE, en_AU||5||String|
|attribute:name||Represents the name of a catalog object and must contain at least one alphanumeric character.||Zapatos||1023||String|
|attribute:url||RFC-3986 Complete URLs that represent the display page for this catalog object.||1023||String|
|attribute:description||Represents the description of the product and must contain at least one alphanumeric character to be set.||zapatos geniales||250||String|
|Brand001||Brand||es_ES||Brand Name 1|
really nice brand for athletic apparel
|Brand002||Brand||es_ES||Brand Name 2||http://www.sample.com/brandName2|
Luxury brand for fancy occasions
|Brand003||Brand||fr_US||Brand Name 3|
Comfortable work-wear for the toughest jobs
|Article001||Article||en_AU||Article Name 1||http://www.sample.com/Article1|
Go to guide for what luxury looks like in the modern age
|Article002||Article||en_AU||Article Name 2|
How to dress up athletic wear for your work from home meetings.
|BlogPost001||Blog||kr_KR||Blog Post Name 1||http://www.sample.com/BlogPost1|
COVID and its impact on comfort in the work place.