Interaction Studio Classic Only
- This use case is intended for customers using Interaction Studio (formerly Evergage Classic) ONLY. For customers using the Interaction Studio 'Campaigns and Templates' application, refer to the Use Case Library instead.
- The Visual Editor Chrome Extension will no longer be available starting January 1, 2023. For more information, see this knowledge article.
At Interaction Studio, we utilize a variety of in-app messages to communicate with customers. Messages promoting product releases, webinars, case studies and training sessions are placed on the login screen or with our app. In this example, we show you how to set up a simple in-app message to promote a new feature.
Displayed to all site visitors.
Since the objective of the message is to make clients aware of a new product feature, you can create a goal of ‘used new feature’, then use Interaction Studio to track when they have been to the new page, or saved the new settings, etc.
This is a beginner-level campaign with an inline message. Interaction Studio will automatically populate the CSS selector when you right click to add the message. By selecting "Hide message target while the page is loading," you will avoid flicker issues.
Here is a checklist of what you need to do in Interaction Studio to create this play on your own site:
- Create a segment of users you'd like to target with your in-app message:
- Use or non-use of a product feature
- Create a Campaign with an infobar or inline message
- Create rules to show the campaign only to the segment of users you created
The following articles from the Interaction Studio Knowledge Base will provide process steps to help you execute this play: