New Name: Marketing Cloud Personalization
Interaction Studio (formerly Evergage) is now known as Marketing Cloud Personalization. The new name reflects our mission and vision for innovation in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. We wish we could snap our fingers to update the name everywhere, but you can expect to see the previous name in various places until we replace it.
Using the Interaction Studio Identity System, you can configure the identifiers that determine a unique known individual within Interaction Studio. You can configure Interaction Studio to leverage the identity system in Open-Time Email.
After you Configure Identity Types and Attributes and you plan to leverage the identity system to look-up and merge user profiles in open-time email, you will need to select the default identity attribute that will be used to match users between your ESP and Interaction Studio. The Email built-in identity type is the default identifier for Open-Time Email, but this can be changed to another configured identity type.
Before You Begin
- You must be an Interaction Studio administrator (tenant administrator) to perform the steps outlined in this article.
- Complete the process detailed in Configure Identity Types and Attributes first.
- Once campaigns are active, the Open-Time Identity Type setting should not be altered since doing so could affect what content is rendered for active campaigns.
When selecting the identity attribute Interaction Studio will use to match records, consider the following:
- Only one identity attribute can be leveraged for user lookup in Open-Time Email. This means that you cannot select two attributes for lookup, such as primary and secondary email address.
- The Email built-in identity type is the default identifier for Open-Time Email and it works out-of-the-box. This means that unless you wish to use a different default identifier, you do not need to configure anything else for the identity system to work with Open-Time Email.
- Open Time Email requires an identity value of at least 4 characters
(Optional) Configure the Identity System for Open-Time Email
If you want to change the default identity attribute that will be used for matching user profiles, you will need to follow the steps in this section. For example, if you have both an email address and a loyalty ID available as identity attributes, you could select loyalty ID as the default open-time identity attribute. If you wish to use the default identifier, you can skip this section.