Email item templates are used in tandem with content blocks to define a layout for recommended content and their related details in triggered email campaigns. Email item templates are the content displayed inside a content block - similar to how a photograph or piece of art is displayed inside a picture frame.
When you use item templates, you won't need to copy template HTML across your campaigns, simplifying the way you promote items using recipes in your email-based digital communications. And you can create more than one template and customize them to match your existing brand guidelines.
Interaction Studio Classic Only
- The contents of this article are intended for customers using Interaction Studio (formerly Evergage Classic). Do not adjust your beacon version to downgrade or upgrade.
- The Visual Editor Chrome Extension will no longer be available starting January 1, 2023. For more information, see this knowledge article.
Before creating email templates be sure that you have products in your catalog and trained recipes to use in your campaigns. You'll need an item template for each item type you plan to include in your messages. This means that if you want an email to include both product and category recommendations, you will need an email item template for products and another one for categories.
Create an Open-Time Email Template
- Log into Interaction Studio as an administrator
- In the Channels & Campaigns section, select Email > Email Item Templates
- Click NEW ITEM TEMPLATE
- Enter a template Name
- Select the Item Type to render inside the Item Template. You can define an Item Template for Category, Product, Badge, Brand, Class, Gender, Class, Keyword, Store, Color, Article, Blog Post, and Promotion
- Enter the template Dimensions in pixel Width and Height
Define the HTML template by adding the HTML code to be applied to each item in your catalog. When designing the HTML Template for your item template, confirm that images of different dimensions and names of varying lengths render as intended
Click Insert Dynamic + to add dynamic message content fields to the HTML code
- See next section for instructions on previewing the template prior to publishing
Sample Email Item Template
The sample Item Template below renders a product image above the product name with a suggestion to "Shop Now" at the bottom. This template uses the dimensions 208 x 3925.
Preview Template Prior to Publishing
Preview is available instantly on the upper part of the right rail. Enter an item name or ID to preview the template pre-filled with the details for that item.
Available Fonts for Email
Open-time item templates work with a finite set of fonts. Due to licensing issues, Interaction Studio may not be able add additional or custom fonts. Contact your account manager for assistance. The following list of fonts is currently available for open-time email templates: