(888) 310-0589 x2
Evergage Gears™ is a framework for customers, partners, and developers to more efficiently integrate the Evergage platform with other systems, add functionality to extend the core capabilities of the Evergage Platform, take advantage of reusable templates and custom reports, and access the rich analytics data stored in your Evergage account. A developer can use Gears to extend Evergage while providing their business counterparts a business-user friendly interface to that extension.
An Evergage administrator can install Gears from the Gears Marketplace interface and components can be created by developers with Administrator access to Evergage.
What Is a Gear?
Evergage Gears is an extension platform you can use to add custom business functionality to the Evergage platform. There are several terms you should know as you explore options for using Gears.
- Gear - a bundled feature that extends the Evergage platform. Gears may be offered by the platform or custom developed
- Core gears - these Gears deliver core features of the Evergage platform. Core gears may be overridden and customized per environment
- Private gears - these Gears are specific to your environment and are not visible to other environments
- Shared gears - these Gears are available in the Evergage Gears Marketplace (LINK) and can be installed according to the licensing agreement of each environment
How Can You Use Gears?
You can use Gears in a variety of ways. Whether you are using a gear created by Evergage or someone else, or developing your own gears, these are some of the ways gears can extend the functionality of Evergage and help you accomplish your business goals:
- Connectors - also known as Evergage Integrations, Connectors make it possible to integrate the Evergage platform with first- and third-party data sources and complementary systems. Using a variety of client or server-side integration options, you can pass information into or out of Evergage. Out-of-the-box and custom connectors use Evergage’s APIs, orchestration system, triggers or webhooks, and enable companies to utilize the most relevant customer data for their campaign and analysis needs
- Extensions - these include widgets and plug-ins that add specific functionality to your website, mobile app or email campaigns. These extensions plug into the Evergage core platform and are easy to deploy and manage. Evergage SmartHistory, SmartSearch and our “store finder” widget are examples of extensions in use today. Partners and developers are encouraged to create their own extensions, too
- Campaign templates - these are pre-built snippets of code that can be customized and then deployed into a personalization campaign. Infobars, slide-ins, popups, and product recommendation carousels are commonly used campaign templates. To help you expedite your personalization campaigns, each template can be modified to match your company’s existing branding
Get Started with Evergage Gears
Contact Evergage Support to enable the Gears interface for your company. Once the interface is enabled, you can get more detailed documentation on using Gears in the integrated Gears documentation site.