Legacy Evergage Customers
If you are brand new to Marketing Cloud, your designated administrator will receive an email the day of the transition with details on how to log in as an administrator so you can complete the steps detailed in this article. Please contact your account representative with questions.
Before Marketing Cloud users can log into Interaction Studio, administrators for Marketing Cloud and Interaction Studio must do the following:
- Marketing Cloud Administrator: set permissions to Interaction Studio from Marketing Cloud for at least one administrator and any number of users
- Marketing Cloud/Interaction Studio User: log into Marketing Cloud and navigate to Interaction Studio so that the Marketing Cloud user account is linked to the Interaction Studio user account
- Interaction Studio Administrator: create roles in Interaction Studio and assign at least one role to each user account created by Marketing Cloud
Set Permissions to Interaction Studio from Marketing Cloud
- Log into Marketing Cloud (mc.exacttarget.com) as an administrator
- Select Setup > Users > Users
- Select the checkbox for the user that needs access to Interaction Studio
- Click Manage Roles
- From the Setup Users screen, click Edit Permissions in the Permissions section
- Click + next to Interaction Studio to expand options. Determine whether the user should be an administrator with full permissions to all datasets or a user with varying permissions that can be adjusted by assigning different roles:
- Grant administrator access with full permissions - Select the Administrator checkbox in the Allow column. The Result field to the right of the checkbox will change to Allowed
- Grant user access with varying permissions - Select the Access checkbox in the Allow column. The Result field to the right of the checkbox will change to Allowed
- Click Save
The user can select Interaction Studio from within Marketing Cloud using the top navigation, but can’t access any dataset in their Interaction Studio account until an administrator assigns them a role in Interaction Studio. Before an administrator can assign a user a role, the user must first select Interaction Studio in Marketing Cloud which creates and links the Interaction Studio user profile from Marketing Cloud.
Navigate to Interaction Studio from Marketing Cloud
This is a critical step the process because it creates and links your Interaction Studio user profile from Marketing Cloud.
- Log into your Marketing Cloud account as a user with Interaction Studio access permissions
- Select Interaction Studio from the top navigation
- You will not have access to any capabilities until your Interaction Studio administrator assigns you a role for a dataset. If you do not have a role assigned, you will not see any navigation for Interaction Studio and will receive the message "You do not have any permissions for this dataset. Contact your administrator or switch datasets."
Create and Assign Roles to Interaction Studio User Accounts
Once you grant access to a Marketing Cloud user, you will need to create and assign roles to user accounts. Please refer to the article Add, Edit, and Delete Users and Roles in this knowledge base for specific instructions. The high level process is:
- Log into Interaction Studio as an administrator
- Create one or more roles with specific permissions
- Create a user account
- Assign the role(s) by dataset
This means that you can restrict access to certain datasets within an account by user. For example, you may want to give certain users view only access to your production dataset, but full access to create campaigns on your test dataset.