Interaction Studio Classic Only
Please note, the contents of this article are intended for customers using Interaction Studio (formerly Evergage Classic). Do not adjust your beacon version to downgrade or upgrade.
Download the Extension
You will need to have Editor or Administrator permissions to use the Visual Editor.
- Open Google Chrome and log into your Interaction Studio account
- Select at the top of the Evergage window
- Select Visual Editor
- Click Install Visual Editor
- Click Add Extension
- You may need to refresh the browser window to fully activate the Visual Editor extension
Configure the Visual Editor
Your Interaction Studio Administrator only needs to configure this global setting once.
- Login to Interaction Studio as an Administrator
- Select Web > Visual Editor
On the Installation & Configuration tab, enter the URL for the home page of your site in Launch Visual Editor for Site
NOTEThis is the home page of your website or login page for your SaaS application
- Click Save
If you want to change the page or site that launches with the Visual Editor, click Add New Site
NOTEAdd New Site only appears if you have previously entered a URL in Launch Visual Editor for Site
- Enter the new URL in the Launch Visual Editor for Site field
- Click Save
Open the Visual Editor
There are two ways to open the Visual Editor once you’ve downloaded and configured it:
- Open any page of your website and click the Visual Editor logo to the right of the Google Chrome address bar
- Log into Interaction Studio, select your name at the top of the Interaction Studio window, then select Visual Editor
Force Update the Visual Editor
Google Chrome will check for new versions of extensions once a day, but you can force it to update at any time.
- Enter chrome://extensions in the Google Chrome address bar
- Select Developer mode at the top right
- Click Update extensions now
- Confirm that only the latest version of Evergage Visual Editor is enabled
- Uncheck Developer mode