Interaction Studio integrates with Adobe Analytics (formerly Omniture SiteCatalyst) so that you can keep Adobe Analytics updated on the campaigns you run with Interaction Studio. In doing so, Adobe can register campaign metrics and analyze data in context of your business goals. Additionally, Interaction Studio can send segment and attribute data to Adobe Analytics client-side to give you more information on your website visitors.
Interaction Studio Classic Only
Please note, the contents of this article are intended for customers using Interaction Studio (formerly Evergage Classic). Do not adjust your beacon version to downgrade or upgrade.
To implement the campaign integration, review the code block below for a basic template. You can use this code in the experienceJS or the campaignJS, depending on the level of data you are looking to collect from each individual campaign or experience. You will also need to configure the variable names in the Adobe Analytics platform, as described here in Adobe's documentation.
The following code block is a typical example with Adobe Analytics. If you have enabled Analytics on a page, this will link Adobe Analytics tracked events to specific Interaction Studio Campaigns. Interaction Studio will send the following information to Adobe Analytics:
- Campaign name
- Unique visitor clicks
- Segment name
Segments and Attributes
Segment data can be accessed similarly to Advanced Dynamic Content Messaging (ADMC) queries:
You can also access user attribute data in the same fashion:
For additional details, please see the article on advanced ADMC usage.
There is some impact to the Interaction Studio platform by enabling Adobe Analytics integration support. Typically, Adobe Analytics only sends events on page load. The only method Adobe Analytics provides for sending additional data, such as Interaction Studio's campaign stats, is through "Custom Links". While this is not the intended use of "Custom Links", Adobe Analytics does not provide any real method for collecting third party data client side. In doing so, you need to be aware of two important details:
- Their event count is going to increase, and this increase can be significant depending on how many Interaction Studio campaigns you are running
- The statistic in Adobe Analytics that is generally used for bounce is going to be wrong. https://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/comparing-bounces-and-single-access.html
Because Interaction Studio sends a custom link, users who were previously tracked towards bounce will no longer be in that group if they also see an Interaction Studio campaign on their first page.
The "Single Page Visit" statistic in Adobe Analytics would provide the correct information assuming that "Custom Links" are not used for other purposes to display information about the user bouncing.
- sProps are just like counters, except you can't attribute purchases to them. These are limited by the terms of the Adobe Analytics software version or contract you have. On average, a typical client has 75 sProps. Please review documentation on "additional eVars and Events" or contact your Adobe representative for more details.
- eVars (conversion variables) calculate attribution, but depending on the software version and terms of your Adobe Analytics installation these may not all be available for assignment within Interaction Studio.
- Many of the sProp or eVars values will be "allocated" for other purposes, including third party analytics or tracking data. Be cautious when selecting the values that Interaction Studio will utilize for reporting, as these should be exclusive to the Interaction Studio integration.
Potential Integration Patterns
- You should have global tracking eVars to track any impressed campaign or any click. These eVars should be unique to Interaction Studio statistics.
- You should also track all key campaigns, or group like campaigns together. For example, you could group all your recommendations campaigns together.
- Adobe Analytics - Additional eVars and Events – https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/evars_events.html