Interaction Studio Classic Only
- This use case is intended for customers using Interaction Studio (formerly Evergage Classic) ONLY. For customers using the Interaction Studio 'Campaigns and Templates' application, refer to the Use Case Library instead.
- The Visual Editor Chrome Extension will no longer be available starting January 1, 2023. For more information, see this knowledge article.
Interaction Studio automatically captures real-time interaction data from your customers and prospects and makes that data available for reporting (in segments) and messaging. In addition to implicit data captured from the site, Interaction Studio can also be used to gather explicit data through survey questions. In turn, the answers received can be used to identify upsell opportunities, present relevant content or collect product improvement suggestions. And by responding with rich content, you encourage visitors to reveal more insights.
You will need to create a segment for each answer to the survey question. For example, create a segment with the text attribute key reason equal to "reduce customer churn." When the visitor answers the survey question, he will be placed in the segment and will see the message that replaces the survey.
The measure of success here is based on having richer explicit data on your customers that can be used to build deeper segments over time and offer more personalized recommendations.
Here is a checklist of what you need to do in Interaction Studio to create this play on your own site:
Creating a simple survey on your site. Use the 'Insert Element' > 'Form Elements' to add radio buttons, text fields, checkboxes, and a submit button. For example, if your question is 'What is the key reason for using this application’ create a radio button survey with the 'Interaction Studio User Field' set as 'Key Reason.' Your 'OptionValues' would be ‘sell more,' ‘reduce customer churn,’ 'educate customers,' and 'change the world.' Preset answer options are recommended for segment qualification rules
Every time someone chooses an answer and selects submit, Interaction Studio captures the value in the user attribute field 'Key Reason' and the visitor is added to the segment you created for that answer.
- Add "Answered Reduce Customer Churn" segment to the campaign SETUP > Campaign Settings > Campaign Wide Rules
- If desired, create a follow-up message for visitors who qualify for a certain segment:
- Branching Survey: create another survey question and limit the segment to those who answered the original question in a particular way. For instance, if a survey question asked ‘What is the number one reason clients give for leaving?’, you could then configure a response message so it’s only shown to people who fall into the ‘reduce customer churn' segment.
- Article Presentation: include follow-up information instead of another survey. For example, for someone choosing 'reduce customer churn,' display a message that says 'We don’t like losing customers either - check out our ‘Top 10 Tips for Making and Keeping Happy Customers.'