Edit or Test with an Existing Test Group
You can test your recipe with an existing test group or create a new one. This gives you infinite options for testing your recipe with users with varying levels of behavior on your site to ensure that everyone has a good experience.
Create a New Test Group
You can have a total of 20 test groups, including the Sample Test Group provided by Interaction Studio (which may be edited or deleted).
Add Users to Test Group
You may add up to 20 users to each test group. Remember to click SAVE after making changes.
Clickto add a visitor to the group
- Specific User - These are users who match the selected filtering criteria at that time. All filters that apply to this user will be listed below the user name. Specific Users will not update as their behaviors change. This means if you filtered by non-buyers and one of the specific users you selected later made a purchase, that user would still appear in the test group even though s/he no longer fits the filter criteria
- Random User - The Random User is always linked to a randomly chosen user that matches the filter criteria selected when the user was added to the test group. Each time the screen is refreshed, Interaction Studio will automatically replace that user with a new user who matches the selected filter criteria. This means that a Random User always reflects the filter criteria you chose when the user was added to the test group and not a specific individual, so you may notice changes in the details, user ID, and affinities
- Click to remove a visitor from the group
- Click next to Random User to replace that user with another Random User that matches the filter criteria
- Click SAVE to save any changes
In the Test Configuration section, the initial selected recipe is the one you had open when you clicked SIMULATE, but you can test additional recipes without having to leave this screen. You can also select an anchor item.
The in-app recipe simulator is meant to be used to provide directional guidance on what items might appear for a user. The in-app simulator is not necessarily reflective of exactly what a campaign response will return in production and may not show real-time product updates.
The user details and recipe results (recommendations) will appear in the Simulation section below Test Configuration. These update automatically when you make any change, click RESIMULATE, reload the page, or when you load a test group with at least one user.