New Name: Marketing Cloud Personalization
Interaction Studio (formerly Evergage) is now known as Marketing Cloud Personalization. The new name reflects our mission and vision for innovation in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. We wish we could snap our fingers to update the name everywhere, but you can expect to see the previous name in various places until we replace it.
Interaction Studio captures user activity as events that can be viewed in the Event Stream on a per-user basis or for the entire user population of your site. Since reviewing various stream views can help you analyze how a user is interacting with your dataset, you can export events and bring this data into the Data Science Workbench for further evaluation.
Access and Use the Live Event Stream
The live event stream includes events for all visitors to your site. For individual event stream information by specific user or account, see Access the Event Stream on the Unified Customer Profile Screen below.
- Log into Interaction Studio
- From the left navigation, select Reports > Event Stream
- Use the filters and keyword search to narrow events by event type and user or account
- Select an event to see more information about the event in a pane to the right including links to the user or account that performed the event, as well as the campaign where the event was captured
- A stream event may be identified by an icon to indicate the specific type of event including impressions, clicks, dismissals, and upsells
Access the Event Stream on the Unified Customer Profile Screen
You can view the event stream for a specific user or account by locating the user in Audiences > All Users or the specific segment containing the user or account. Once you select the user or account and view the Unified Customer Profile screen, you'll see that user's or account's events on your site.
Understand Event Types
Depending on the configuration of your dataset, you may see various types of events, including:
- Named Page Views
- Tracked Actions
- Campaign Message Activity
- Evergage Catalog Item Actions (e.g. purchase, addToCart)
- From the dataset selector at the top left, select Manage Datasets
- Click next to the dataset you want to export events for
- In Export Events, configure parameters for the export
- Click OK to start the export