Interaction Studio Classic Only
This use case is for customers using Interaction Studio Classic (formerly Evergage Classic) ONLY. For customers using the Interaction Studio 'Campaigns and Templates' application, refer to the Use Case Library instead.
Ensuring your users are utilizing all of the key features of your product is a significant factor in reducing churn. One way to do this is to call attention to features that specific users have not used before. In this example, we will look at how to do that using a callout message for each feature. Users who have not used the feature will qualify for the campaign and will see the message.
There are two ways to measure the success of this campaign:
- Create a segment that measures users who have done the Gallery action, then use this segment as the goal of the campaign. The Campaign Statistics page will show you users who have completed the goal action. Additionally, adding adding a control group to the campaign will show you how the message affects user behavior.
- Create a segment of users who saw the campaign and performed the key action. Since the qualifying rule for the campaign is having never done the “Gallery” action, you are able to get an “and then” measurement in Interaction Studio by combining the action rule with the campaign viewing rule.
Here is a checklist of what you need to do in Interaction Studio to create this play on your own site:
- Create the following segments:
- Users who have not yet done key action
- Users who have seen the campaign AND have done key action
- Create a campaign with a Callout message detailing the benefits of using the feature.
- To take this personalization a step further, create a different experience for each persona. For example, data scientists would see a message about a underutilized analytics feature.
The following articles from the Interaction Studio Knowledge Base will provide process steps to help you execute this play: