A static list is a tag (StaticList) that can be applied to group products together. They are similar to brands, genders, styles, etc. However, static lists are unique in that you can upload a CSV file of products and assign a static list to each one.
This article details how to create a new StaticList tag using a CSV upload then use that tag in recommendations.
Upload a New Static List
Before you begin, you'll need to create a CSV file for the upload similar to the image at the right, with products entered for cell 1A and, starting at cell 2A, the product IDs for each product that you want to associate (or disassociate) with the StaticList tag.
You will only see your static list when you navigate to Catalog > Product Lists if the list is named exactly StaticList.
- Log into Interaction Studio with Editor or or higher permissions.
- From the left navigation, select Settings > Profile and Catalog Objects.
- Add a new Catalog Object where the name is exactly StaticList and the label is exactly Product List.
- Click Save.
- Refresh your screen.
- From the left navigation, select Catalog > Product Lists.
- Click UPLOAD PRODUCT LIST in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the Upload New Product List modal, enter the tag ID you want to use for the list (or the tag that should be removed from the list).
- If you are removing a tag from a list of items, select Remove tag from items.
- Click UPLOAD PRODUCT LIST and select the CSV file you created.
- Click Select files or drag and drop the CSV file within the dotted lines.
Use a Static List in a Recipe
Once products have been uploaded to a static list, associate the products to a related catalog object so you can use your static list in recipe exclusions and boosters.
- Associate the Product List catalog object with (recommendation type) products/articles/blogs on the catalog object setup screenFrom the main navigation, select Settings > Catalog and Profile Objects.
- From the Catalog Object Types section, select the catalog object that you want to use as the recommendation type for your static list, such as Article, Blog Post, or Products.
- Click Add Related Catalog object.
- Select Product List from the Select a Related Catalog Object dropdown.
- Select One per Object for the Relationship Cardinality.
- Click the checkmark icon.
- Click Save.
- Refresh your browser.
- Create a new recipe or edit an existing recipe.
- Click Recommendation Type and select the catalogobject that you associated with the static list.
- Add at least one ingredient.
- You can add a static list as an exclusion/inclusion or a booster:
- Click SAVE.
- Follow the additional instructions for creating or editing a recipe, including testing, training, and publishing as needed.