(888) 310-0589 x2
Open-time item templates are used in tandem with content blocks to define a layout for recommended content and their related details in Evergage Open-Time Email campaigns. Open-time item templates are the content displayed inside a content block - similar to how a photograph or piece of art is displayed inside a picture frame.
When you use item templates, you won't need to copy template HTML across your campaigns, simplifying the way you promote items using recipes in your open-time email-based digital communications. And you can create more than one template and customize them to match your existing brand guidelines.
Before creating open-time email templates be sure that you have products in your catalog and trained recipes to use in your campaigns.
Create an Open-Time Email Template
- Log into the Evergage Platform as an administrator
- In the Channels & Campaigns section, select Email > Open Time Item Templates
- Click NEW ITEM TEMPLATE
- Enter a template Name
- Select the Item Type to render inside the Item Template. You can define an Item Template for Category, Product, Badge, Brand, Class, Gender, Class, Keyword, Store, Color, Article, Blog Post, and Promotion
- Enter the template Dimensions in pixel Width and Height
Define the HTML template by adding the HTML code to be applied to each item in your catalog. The sample Item Template below renders a product image above the product name with a suggestion to "Shop Now" at the bottom. This template uses the dimensions 260 x 375.
When designing the HTML Template for your item template, confirm that images of different dimensions and names of varying lengths render as intended
Click Insert Dynamic + to add dynamic message content fields to the HTML code
- See next section for instructions on previewing the template prior to publishing
Preview Template Prior to Publishing
Since item templates used for email campaigns require the generation of individual images for every item in your catalog, this can take a significant amount of time. Using Refresh Email Preview, you can see how the image will render in an email without having to publish the template first.
Publish for Email
Open-time item templates are rendered as images for email campaigns. As each product in your catalog changes values, such as the image or price, Evergage will detect the change and regenerate these images. The images are used to make sure all items display in the proper format, regardless of the email client or viewing device.
- Ensure you are finished making changes to the template. Once you publish it, you cannot make changes
- Click PUBLISH FOR EMAIL
- The template status will show In Progress as Evergage generates images for all products in your catalog
When the image generation is complete, your item template will be published and ready to use in email campaigns to promote products in your catalog using a marketing email service
NOTEOnce you publish an Open-time Item Template, it is locked from future changes, however you can clone the template and make changes to the clone prior to publishing
Available Fonts for Email
Open-time item templates work with a finite set of fonts. Due to licensing issues, Evergage cannot add additional or custom fonts. The following list of fonts is currently available for open-time email templates: