If your company uses Salesforce's Marketing Cloud, you’ve likely invested considerable time and effort in managing lead data and audience segments. The next step is to integrate the Marketing Cloud and Evergage so you can leverage data collected in each system and build richer customer and prospect profiles to gain a deeper understanding of each lead. Using data from the Marketing Cloud helps you to deliver more meaningful visitor experiences using Evergage and passing behavioral and analytics data from Evergage helps you better target your Marketing Cloud campaigns.
This article details how to configure the Evergage out-of-the-box integration with Salesforce Marketing Cloud so you can synchronize data between both platforms:
The first step is to set up an OAuth connection to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account.
Log into Salesforce Marketing Cloud and setup a “server-to-server” integration by following these instructions
Once complete, copy the Client ID, Client Secret, and Authentication Target for use in step 6
Log into Evergage as an administrator
- Select SETTINGS > Third Party Products > Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- In Configure Connection, enter the the following information (copied in step 2) in the fields provided:
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- Authentication Target
- Click AUTHORIZE
Configure Match Fields
On the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Integration Synchronization tab, Contact Match Fields connects fields in Evergage with fields in Salesforce for user identification. By default, the email address fields in Evergage and Salesforce are linked. If you need to link additional fields, please contact Evergage Support or your Customer Success representative.
Configure Segment Synchronization
On the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Integration Segments tab, you can synchronize Evergage segments to Salesforce and vice versa. You must create any Evergage segments or Marketing Cloud lists before you can push to or pull from Salesforce.
- Click Push a New Segment or Pull a New Segment
- Select the Source Evergage Segment or Source ExactTarget Segment
- When pushing a new segment the Target ExactTarget Segment will be autofilled; when pulling a new segment enter the Target Evergage Segment
- Click OK
Configure Field Synchronization
On the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Integration Fields tab, you can select which attribute fields should be pulled from or pushed to Salesforce. Fields being pushed to Salesforce must be created in Salesforce before they can be configured on the Fields tab. The destination field name and label are also configurable.
- Click Push a New Attribute or Pull a New Attribute
- Select the Source Evergage Field
- Enter the ExactTarget Field Name and Label
- Click OK
Configure Campaign Detection
On the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Integration Campaigns tab, you can configure third party campaign landing URLs to track different information about a campaign. When a matching URL is clicked for the first time, a campaign is created and will appear in Evergage CAMPAIGNS. Any subsequent clicks will register impressions for the campaign.
- Click Add Parameter Mapping
- Set the Parameter Type
- Landing Page URL Query Parameter
- Referral URL Query Parameter
- Enter the Parameter Name
- Set the Target Type (optional)
- Campaign ID
- Campaign Name
- Campaign Source
- Campaign Medium
- Campaign Attribute
- Campaign Experience ID
- User Attribute
- Enter the Target Field Name (optional)
- Click OK
Enable or Disable Synchronization
The integration will synchronize nightly, but you can disable automatic synchronization or perform a manual synchronization at any time.
- Select Setup
- Select Disabled to disable Nightly Sync
- Click SYNCHRONIZE NOW to immediately begin the synchronization. This will not disrupt nightly synchronization, if enabled
If the synchronization does not work as expected, please contact your Evergage Customer Success representative.
This page has no comments.