(888) 310-0589 x2
Asynchronous integration loads the beacon (evergage.min.js) after the page has loaded. With this integration, Evergage cannot protect against flicker
Hybrid integration is a method of integrating the Evergage beacon that is optimized for performance while still providing the option to eliminate flicker on Evergage campaigns. For more information about this type of integration, please contact Evergage Support.
Evergage recommends using the synchronous integration method when personalizing important parts of the page for several reasons:
- It can be used with the Evergage ZeroFlicker™ technology to prevent a negative experience for visitors when they see original content before it is replaced (flicker). Without ZeroFlicker™ and with an asynchronous integration, viewers may experience the original page content before Evergage can replace it
- Evergage will load sooner, so personalization campaigns run faster on each page
- Evergage utilizes timeouts and a global Content Delivery Network (CDN) to speed this solution and minimize the potential of negative impacts. Since the Evergage beacon is served directly from our CDN and not from our servers, even if our servers go down the Evergage beacon will still load
However, if you plan to use a tag management system (like Google Tag Manager or Tealium), you will need to use the asynchronous integration which loads the Evergage tracking beacon after the page content is loaded and rendered. While this guarantees negligible performance impact, it removes the option to utilize ZeroFlicker™ technology to alter page content without flicker effects. This may be acceptable in cases where personalizations are below the fold or not visible as the page loads.
- Log into your Evergage account as an administrator
- Select SETTINGS
- In the Integration section at the left, select Beacon Version