Interaction Studio Classic Only
This use case is for customers using Interaction Studio Classic (formerly Evergage Classic) ONLY. For customers using the Interaction Studio 'Campaigns and Templates' application, refer to the Use Case Library instead.
For many retailers, email is a main driver of visitors to your site. These emails can be promotional or transactional such as a coupon that can be redeemed on a subsequent purchase. The goal is to get potential buyers to click the CTA that links them to a targeted part of your site and ultimately make a purchase after they arrive. However, it is easy for visitors to get distracted while on the site and forget about the offer or reason they visited the site in the first place like the coupon that was offered in the email.
Presenting a cohesive, personalized experience from email campaign through promotional messaging on your site that is specific and relevant to the individual shoppers’s journey can prompt these shoppers to become buyers sooner and make your marketing efforts more successful.
Segments are variable based on the stage of the visitor's journey. For example, for browsing visitors, create a segment of those who have viewed at least a product, but not added to cart today.
This campaign’s effectiveness can ultimately be measured by tracking revenue per user, conversion rate and average order value. Comparing engagement of visitors exposed to these campaigns versus control will also be a valuable measure.
Here are the high-level process steps you should follow to execute on this play:
- Create the segment of visitors who have viewed at least a product but not added to cart today
- Create one campaign with one experience and a popup message
- Add a campaign-level rule, qualifying visitors based on segment membership
- Add an experience-level rule to display the campaign on all pages except cart or checkout pages
- Add message-level rules to display the message based on user behavior - at least 5 seconds on the page; inactive for .05 seconds; and mouse location - within 20 px from top of screen
The following articles from the Interaction Studio Knowledge Base will provide additional information about this play: