New Name: Marketing Cloud Personalization
Interaction Studio (formerly Evergage) is now known as Marketing Cloud Personalization. The new name reflects our mission and vision for innovation in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. We wish we could snap our fingers to update the name everywhere, but you can expect to see the previous name in various places until we replace it.
Interaction Studio allows a developer to use a website to pull in catalog metadata that can be used to inform personalization. This means that, for example, whenever a customer views a product on the website, any resulting personalization takes into account all item details such as price, description, images, and even inventory if it is tracked and available.
When it comes to updating or adding catalog objects to the Interaction Studio catalog, customers have an option to determine how new items are added to the catalog and how an items information can be updated.
Catalog Behavior With Strict Catalog Security Enabled
When Strict Catalog Security is enabled for a dataset, Interaction Studio will only perform the following actions for an event from an unauthenticated channel:
- Track stats (clicks, views, purchases, favorites, etc.) against the item ID and associated item meta-data (related catalog objects)
- Create new, top-level only catalog items and apply/update related catalog object information on an item (Item attributes can only be updated/filled-in via an authenticated source when strict catalog security is enabled)
Catalog Behavior With Strict Catalog Security Disabled
When Strict Catalog Security is disabled for a dataset, any event (authenticated or unauthenticated) can update catalog items and their associated data in addition to stats tracking. Reasons why a you might choose this approach include better support for real-time catalog updates. Example use cases include:
- Existing Item Attribute/Related Catalog Object Updates: if someone browses a product on your site where the price has changed on the site, Interaction Studio can update the price listed in the IS catalog in real-time. With strict catalog security, any attribute update would need to come from an authenticated source.
- New Item Addition: if a customer browses an item that was just added to the site, Interaction Studio will create a full listing for the item and it will be immediately eligible to return in a recipe. With strict catalog security, Interaction Studio will create an initial top-level listing with related catalog object metadata, but will not populate any attribute data even if it is included in the event. This means that the item will NOT be promotable via recipes until an authenticated source (ETL or API) has updated the minimum requirements to be included in a recommendation
Adjusting Catalog Security Settings
- Log into Interaction Studio as an Administrator.
- Navigate to Settings > Catalog and Profile Objects.
- On the catalog settings screen, toggle the Enable Strict Catalog Security setting in the Security section to your desired selection.