Interaction Studio Classic Only
- This use case is intended for customers using Interaction Studio (formerly Evergage Classic) ONLY. For customers using the Interaction Studio 'Campaigns and Templates' application, refer to the Use Case Library instead.
- The Visual Editor Chrome Extension will no longer be available starting January 1, 2023. For more information, see this knowledge article.
Whatever vertical you’re in, capturing a visitor’s email address will help you market more effectively to your customers. Interaction Studio can help you seamlessly add an email capture message to your existing web experience. Interaction Studio recognizes your customers even when they’re not signed in, so you can ensure that only users who have not provided their email will see the message. How you hook them is up to you, but once you do, you’ll be able to continue your 1-to-1 conversation with the customer over email. This will also provide a common data point for you to tie a customer’s devices together, as they may provide their email on a desktop, but open your newsletter on a mobile device.
Create a segment of users without their email address captured (or if possible, those who have not subscribed to your newsletter.)
Success can be measured using global goals such as email newsletter signups, user engagement rate, and site bounce rate. Refer to the reference materials below for links to support articles that will help you configure and measure these global goals
Here is a checklist of what you need to do in Interaction Studio to create this play on your own site:
- Ensure that you have global goals configured to measure your chosen KPI (User Engagement Rate, Site Bounce Rate, Email Newsletter Signup)
- Create a segment of users who do not have an email address captured (or are not opted in)
- Design mobile and desktop optimized email capture campaigns
- Include the “Text Input” option when inserting a Form element
- Add a rule for how many pages the visitor must see to receive this message
- Add a frequency cap to ensure that the visitor does not receive the message multiple times per visit (and any additional frequency caps desired, i.e. not more than once per day, once per week, etc)
- Create a target rule to target the segment you created
- Work with your Customer Success representative to get the email address passed back to your ESP -- you will need to provide written approval for Interaction Studio to capture your customers’ email addresses
The following articles from the Interaction Studio Knowledge Base will provide process steps to help you execute this play: