Interaction Studio (formerly Evergage) is now known as Marketing Cloud Personalization. The new name reflects our mission and vision for innovation in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. We wish we could snap our fingers to update the name everywhere, but you can expect to see the previous name in various places until we replace it.
The Interaction Studio Hotel Gear offers an out-of-the-box data model designed to support many common use cases related to hotel booking information. Equipped with two ETLs (Booking & Booking Add-Ons) and a set of rules available for segmentation and campaign/promotion targeting, Interaction Studio's Hotel Gear helps hotel clients maximize their booking data across channels.
In this section, we will outline the ETL file formats and the associated rules that are available as part of the Hotel Gear.
Enable the Hotel Gear
The Hotel Gear is available for all Interaction Studio customers. If you would like to enable the Hotel Gear for your dataset, ask your account administrator to follow these steps:
- Log into Interaction Studio as an administrator.
- Select the dataset.
- Navigate to Gears > Gears.
- Locate and select the Hotel Gear to open the right rail. The gear is disabled by default.
- Select Enabled on the right rail.
- Click Configure.
- Configure the following items on the gear configuration screen:
After you enable the Hotel Gear, you'll see the following items in your account:
Sample Use Cases
There are many ways to use the Hotel Gear to target your customers based on previous activity, loyalty status, and specific actions or behaviors. Consider the following ideas as you determine the best approach for your company and goals:
- Targeted Offers - use either segment inclusion/exclusion logic on a promotion or campaign targeting logic based on a customer’s previous bookings to tailor offers to certain groups of customers. For example, you could provide offers based on customer’s past booking at a property in New York City.
- Target Experiences Based on a Booking Schedule - trigger a mobile push notification on the check-in date of someone’s check-in that includes personalized messaging and recommended add-ons (e.g. early check in, parking, or other upgrades.).
- Loyalty Sign Ups - target customers who are not loyalty members and have an upcoming stay with messages about how many points they could accrue on their trip after they sign up for the loyalty program.
- Loyalty Tier - target customers who have stayed a certain amount of nights this year and are close to the next loyalty tier to incentivize them to take another trip. (i.e. "Have stayed 45 nights this year. Platinum status is 50 nights.")
- Add-On Purchases - target customers who have an upcoming stay (or on stay) who have not purchased any add-ons.
- Booking Status - target customers who have a booking status of cancelled at a specific property in the next 30 days with recommendations for similar properties.
- Travel Party Size - target customers who have a large party size with offers for large group discounts in the hotel and information about hotel partners in the surrounding area.
- Travel Party (Children on Trip) - target customers who have at least one child on their itinerary with recommendations for kid-friendly activities in hotel or surrounding area.